Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mothers Day

is AWESOME! I went out with Van and had a REALLY great time last night. I don't know what organs he sold or who he slept with to pay for that dinner but IT WAS AMAZING!
Of course we hit the liquor store afterwards-even though he was paying and told me not to sweat it-there was no way in hell I was ordering another 10 dollar martini. I'm just not that kinda girl ; )~
We went to go see mymommy. And my little brother-whom i have raised as well. And my baby sister made me a BEAUTIFUL CARD! OMG! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!
This morning I was surprised (ambushed!)by van and all the girls. I got breakfast in bed, perfumes, lip gloss, crowns, rings, bracelets, and even scepters! And lovely cards. Jessie really choked me up cuz you could tell she put some thought behind her words. It wasn't your standard "happy mothers day, love you" spiel-it was genuine and beautiful. My babies know all my favorite colors and even my favorite scents!
What means the most is being acknowledged. By my husband, by my sister, by my babies.....I've been taking care of other people my whole life-and i do things because they need to be done. But it's so nice to be NOTICED and SEEN and RECOGNIZED - even if it's only for one day.
Enough of my talking. I'll just show you my joy.

Happy Mother's Day to All!
I hope yours is as wonderful as mine!

No comments: