Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just A Minute

Some people think that just because I am young and have babies that I must be on welfare. I'm not. I don't get the link card. I don't get public aid health care or WIC or anything else. I.handel.my.business. And thats not to say I never help-but I go about getting that help my own way. I don't drain the resources of my entire community cuz I want whatever is "coming to me". I don't live with my parents. And I don't ask them for anything. (and they so very rarely offer). I don't have 5 million aunts/cousins/sisters/friends to watch my kid. She is away from me as little as possible-and a lot of that time-she is with her dad. But nobody else has been or will be responsible for raising my baby. Thats my job and my RIGHT.
Im not saying that theres anything wrong with anyone that lives this way. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive and your kids always come first.

I just prefer to do it myself.
And I don't think it's such a bad example to set.

No comments: