Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I am NOT an effing idiot. Mmmmmmmmmmmk?

This is for my critics. I had plenty at my old job-and a couple at this one. They think I'm stupid for having babies so young. As smart as I am-something MUST be wrong with me if I am having babies at my age with someone 32 years my senior. I must have made a mistake. I must be stupid. Or misguided. Or crazy. Or as the stupid heifer that had "her" twins at 21 seems to think a "whore". Well I'm not. And while I'm anything but part of the crowd-I'mma throw some statistics atcha right quick.

Mothers age Risk of Down Syndrome Risk if ANY chromosomal disorder
20 1/1,667 1/526
25 1/1,250 1/476
30 1/952 1/385
35 1/378 1/192
40 1/106 1/66
41 1/82 1/53
42 1/63 1/42
43 1/49 1/33
44 1/38 1/26
45 1/30 1/21

Now somebody tell me-why the hell would play a game where my odds of LOSING are 1/21??????? ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S WITH SOMETHING AS SERIOUS AS THE LIFETIME HEALTH OF MY OFFSPRING?!?!!?!? When it's something THAT serious I'd rather my odds of losing be 1/526 than 1/476-cuz even tho they're both decent odds-I don't want to gamble like that with my BABY.
Leme explain why this is. Women are BORN with a finite number of eggs. My lil boo Trini is walking around with all the eggs she'll ever need or get for her whole life right now. So the eggs that are chilling in my ovaries-are 21 years old already. 21. And every year they get a little older, and more crusty, and a lil closer to expiring. Your aggs don't GET any better. They don't ripen with age. They get worse. it is my theory that thats why most women AGE so BADLY-b/c nature does not want ANYTHING trying to fertilize them old ass expired eggs.
This is not to say I encourage or even condone teen pregnancy. I don't. I don't think you should be allowed to HAVE kids unless you're capable of taking care of them. I was a teen when I got pregnant. EIGHTteen. And out of my parents house. Living at school-but still-out of their house. I was dependant on them for nothing. I HAD my GED and my HSD and pregnancy did NOT stop me from completing my schooling or my training or my internships. It did not stop me from getting a job at four months-to help support us-b/c V was getting less than 100 bucks a week after child support raped him. And after I had her-I did move back in with my parents. For 72 days. Temporarily-while they finished building our co-op. And during that time I took care of my baby. Everything. My mother watched her once for 45 mintues while I went to the dentist. That's it. They never bought a thing for her or prepared her bottles. SO there. Teen pregnancy or not-I handled my business and I always have & will. If you can't-then use a rubber.

Guess what else increases with age?
Your risk of having a low-weight, preterm baby.
Your risk of having a c-section.
Your risk for gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and plecenta previa.
Your risk for stilbirth.
Your chances of maternal death.

You know what decreases with age?
Your chances of becoming pregnant at ALL. And with all the risks-do you really even wonder why?

I can quote these numbers to my critics all day long and they'll still just shake their heads and wave their hands at me. They don't get it. But I do.
And I'm not worried about my baby. I have all the confidence in the world that my son is healthy, and intelligent, and absolutely gorgeous. And my carrying that box with the 12 liters of dextrose isn't gonna hurt or change that-so stop tsk, tsking me. I know what I am capable of. And you obviously don't if you question my ability to care for child based on my age. I am doing the best thing for us. Making sure that my eggs are young and healthy to produce a healthy baby-and making sure I am young and healthy and STRONG enough to support his life inside of me as well as out. I don't need anyone to lean on during either part of his life. Can you old bitties say the same?

No comments: