Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Still Takin Bets

Soooooooooooo-I put a countdown timer on my page so everyone can just SEE when I'm due and stop asking. There ya go. Enjoy. And I DON'T know what it is yet. Everybody keeps assuming I do. And when I say I don't they're all like "oh-Do you not want to know?" And know this mockery is not directed at ant ONE person-EVERYBODY HAS DONE IT. EVERYONE. Which is why it is driving me so insane. Of course I want to know what it is. I am not by any means at a point in my life where I need to "suprise" myself. I've waited 5 long ass months-I'm ready to KNOW, dammit! I have shit to buy. I need to know which of Trins old clothes to pull out-b/c while it is perfectly acceptable for a girl to wear a blue onesie-it is just not ok to put a boy in pastel pink. And not that Van would allow it. Oh Lord. This is gonna be HIS child if it's a boy-not mine, not ours, just his. And he has made that clear and set me up to expect that and says he doesn't wanna hear anything about treating his first boy any different from his other three girls cuz it's true-he will be. Poor guy. Lol. I'm hoping it's a boy for his sake....ugh-and the sake of my eardrums. girls SCREAM so much man, jesus christ. And speaking of boys-my sweet, lovely, beautiful daughter is STILL being mistaken for a boy! I could understand it when she was an infant. She had like a blue blanket, and blue shoes-and so people would ask me if it was a boy or a girl. Now I take my baby out-dressed in pink or red-with pretty light up Dora shoes, and her hair all down, and carrying her "baby" DW-and people still ask me how old is "HE". We went to Payless so the girls could pick out birthday presents for their sister-and they each picked out very cute, very girly, size 7 toddler shoes. We take them up to the register and I ask the sales lady to put each pair in a seperate bag (so they don't fight over whose caryying the "presents" and she's very nice-she happily obligies. She also comes over and gives Nina three Strawberry Shortcake stickers, Jessie three Strawberry Shortcake stickers, and Trin three SPIDER-MAN STCKERS. dude, wtf?!?!?!?!?!
And I can't go off on this lady as much as I would like to. If Van had been there and seen my face he would have done that freeze up and inch away thing he does when I snap on someone in public............but I couldn't do it-she was just tryna be nice-she went outta her way to be nice. So I tell them all to say thank you and I walk away. And as we're leaving the girls ask me-"Why did she give Trin Spiderman stickers?" "I don't know." I respond "She must've thought Trin was a boy." And they give me this look, like "C'mon, mom-don't be ridiculous." B/c-they don't think their baby sister looks like a boy. It happened again at home depot(where, by the way, I feel i should mention some lil wannabe cute heifer was tryna hit on my husband-but thats neither here nor there-just if anyone knows a lil hispanic girl named Ashley that works at the Home Depot on Elston-pls do her a favor and let her know I WILL cut her. Thanks s'much.) at the the paint counter some chick with a slavic accent feels the need to come over and say "He looks just like his dad, no?" And as I clenched up my jaw-I saw Van giving me this look like-"No, babe, don't do it." So I went over to hime and I was just like "I think she is a very PRETTY girl-why can nobody else see that???????!!!"
Erh. That ends my tirade on that. I just happen to think my daughter is not boylike at all.
Back to the potential boy in my womb. I go to my ultrasound on the fifteenth of this month-and hopefully they'll be able to see WHAT I'M HAVING, finally. And I will update you all.
But until then-I'm still taking bets. More people think it will be a girl than a boy-but I guess we'll see.......

No comments: