Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Friday, November 17, 2006

And so....

God, i'm tired. Arguing with silly, stupid people can really be draining. Anyway. I just want you to imagine a hypothetical here for me. Imagine you have a kid. If you already-there's really no stretch there, huh? but anyway-imagine your kid has older siblings. But these kids are NOT your kids. But they are your kids older siblings and therefore you kid looks up to them and will their whole life. Your kid will imitate these kids attitude, style, EVERYTHING. So even if you're able not to become emotionally involved or dependent on these other kids-and not particularly care about the fairness in their lives or well being......don't you HAVE to-for the sake of your own kid? If you know these kids come from filth and ignorance and pain and bitterness-wouldn't you try to influence that-if not for their sake(b/c u simply refuse to care)but for the sake of your own child?
I don't know if I have made any sense right here....honestly I don't. The words swim before my tired eyes. I'm trying to make a point.....I just....am not exactly sure how to get you all to see whay I'm tryna say. See why I care IN THE SLIGHTEST-much less to the FULL extent I do.
I am the oldest of four. I have four years on my younger sister. By the time she was four and i was eight-she was a walking, talking parrot of me. There are videos of her just walking behind me and repeating word for word everything I say. She would try and follow in my steps, literally, step exactly where I would step. She'd steal and try to wear ALL my clothes-even tho they were FAR too big for her. My brothers weren't quite as extreme but-for the most part-the movies they like, the music the listen to,just like my sister-were influenced by ME. Not my mother or my father-I was and to an extent still am, the biggest influence in my younger siblings lives. I went to Lane Tech I went cuz it was big and it seemed cool and it was the ONLY place I applied to...so there ya go. My brother and my sister BOTH applied to Lane as their FIRST choice-for no other reason than the fact that I went there.
I know first hand how big of an influence an older sibling has on a younger one........and I know how much my booboo adores her older sisters.....and regardless of every other factor I got going on with this mayhem that is stepmotherhood......that alone is reason enough to care and to influence and inspire and DEMAND change.

No comments: