Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Friday, November 23, 2007

about my previous blog and ones like it

i'm not against women. i'm not against mothers. my issue is that fathers get a really raw deal in this county in all of our domestic relations and family courts and it's not fair. the National Orginaztion of Women (NOW) was founded during the feminist movement-the whole movement was about equal rights for women. for 30 years NOW advocated joint custody echoing their core belief in fairness and equality-they have recently switched their stance to sole custody favoring mothers and i don't think that is fair or equal.
Fathers are being elbowed out of their childrens lives. Cast aside as merely paychecks. The child support system is out of control. Errors are frequent and gross. More emphasis is put on simply collecting rather than making sure the amounts are fair and accurate. Possibly because states recieve 3 fedaeral dollars for everyone dollar collected and there are no checks or balances to make sure that money is appropriated correctly.
Children are DYING. And mothers are 7 more likely to kill their childrens in single parent households than fathers. It hurts me to see young lives ended before they have even really begun. I'm not saying men never kill their kids-it's just for every ONE man that does it-they're are SEVEN women that do and family court judges don't seem to bother to consider that. Nor do DCFS social workers.

What I'm also not saying is that the twins BM would ever kill them. I don't think so. I do think that when left unchecked she puts them in potentially dangerous, negligent situations-but that's a far cry from delibrately murdering your children.
My point in ALL of my blogs in FAIRNESS. I was raised with the belief that a woman can do anything a man can. I think it is an extremely healthy mentality for a young woman to have. It took a long time to get there. That however, needs to be checked with the fact that a man can do anything a woman can. Women are no BETTER than men and we need to deflate our heads and try to be equitable and fair in this country. The twins mother BELIEVES that she is doing V a great favor by giving him shared, split, or alternating holidays. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. That is the wrong mentality and that is the ignorance I am trying to combat with my bloggings. The children are EQUALLY theirs. She didn't contribute any more than 23 chromosomes to them or anything of the sort that ENTITLES her to the majority of the time and all of the holidays. The holidays should be split, equally. Parenting time should be split, equally. And the love the girls have for their parents should not have to be SPLIT at all.
Courts do not give fathers equal access to their children. That is a problem. And babies are dying because of it.

No comments: