Life is a beautiful struggle...I wouldn't change a thing.....This how I see it.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

moment of truth

well it is here. report card day. i'm scared. i'm totally apprehensive. i really hope with every fiber of my being that they are doing better, but in my guts....i think i know better. We tried-we did everything that was in our power to do. Their progress reports were AWFUL. Seriously, when I look at them I am almost physically ill. They've never done this poorly. Saturnina is usually a straight A student. And we all know what the problem is. It can be left unsaid because of it's sheer obviousness. But we laid down the law. Their BM wasn't willing to cooperate so we did our best-no tv, xbox, games, toys, movies, heelys, internet-no nothing-for the last five weeks. They have spent all their time here reading and writing stories and essays and working in their workbooks. And they have absolutely HATED us for it. Well, mostly hated me because they've been taught that everything that goes wrong is my fault and that if I wasn't around everyone would be happier and they'd get more stuff and get to go more places and do more things. It's not right but it's okay. I can take it. But I digress. They've been on lockdown over here for the last five weeks and it hasn't been fun for ANYONE-but we had to try our best to get them motivated to DO BETTER. And I really hope it paid off....

No comments: